Summer Internship Opportunity with Sankofa
**Can be used for Capstone Credit**
Internship dates: May 2019- August 2019
Hours per week: 15-20
Purpose: The purpose of this internship is to assist Community Health Ambassadors and Sankofa staff to coordinate the expansion of the Healthy HeartBeats program while fostering community ownership and sustainability. This position will entail research on nutrition information for healthy cooking classes, planning and operations of Healthy HeartBeats nutrition education and healthy cooking classes, and assistance with operations of Fresh Stop Markets and Mobile Markets. Individuals interested in public health program coordination and management are invited to apply.
Supervisor: Siyu Zhen, MPH, Programs Associate
Siyu Zhen graduated from Tulane University with an MPH in Epidemiology Program. She currently operates the planning and evaluation of the Healthy Heartbeats program.
Transportation: Car is required. Student will be working at 5200 Dauphine St. and at partner sites.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you are interested in the position, what you would like to contribute to and learn from the program, and your career goals.
Taylor Student Employment Opportunities 2019-2020
Research Project Coordinator, Department of Medicine at UCSD
Within the Department of Medicine at UCSD, the Center on Gender Equity and Health (GEH) focuses on conducting innovative global public health research, medical and academic training, and evidence-based intervention development and evaluation of programs related to gender inequities, gender-based violence, and sexual and reproductive health (adolescent and unintended pregnancy, family planning, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/Sexually transmitted infections (STI), healthy birth spacing).
- Gender Equity/Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH)/Child Marriage or gender-based violence (GBV) research experience.
- Degree in Global/Public Health, or similar.
- Proficiency in a secondary language (Hindi, Marathi, French, Spanish).
- WordPress familiarity and/or previous web development experience.
For more information, click here
Maternal & Child Health Programs Internship
The Maternal and Child Health Programs internship will support PCI US and Border Programs initiatives to improve maternal and child health outcomes in San Diego and the US-Mexico border region, with a particular focus on documentation of program strategies and results, development and testing of innovations to support access to prenatal care, and marketing and communications. This internship will provide the student of social work, public health, communications or other related field with exposure to the planning, development and documentation processes of a public health program in the border setting. Key responsibilities under each core function are detailed below.
Must be willing to commit to a 3-4 month internship of minimum 15-20 hours per week onsite during business hours at PCI’s US and Border Programs Office (4305 University Ave. Suite 345, San Diego, CA 92105). The internship should begin no later than June 10th, 2019.
For more information, click here.
Health Specialist, Full-time
Episcopal Children’s Services
The Health Specialist will ensure that Child and Health Development Services, Child Health and Performance Standards are met in Head Start/Early Head Start.
Job Duties include:
- Coordinate health screenings to ensure that necessary referrals to appropriate outside agencies are made and follow-up services provided.
- Assist Health Services Manager in establishing and implementing policies and procedures, which respond to medical and dental emergencies, address short-term exclusion and administration of medication, guarantee that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries and to comply with sanitation and hygiene requirements.
- Develop health education materials and educate parents, teachers and children in person on a regular basis.
- Provide on-going health training including medication administration, universal precautions and handwashing as needed.
Click here to learn more and/or apply for this position.
We are looking for some student research assistants to make recruitment calls for a large randomized, controlled trial. The primary job responsibility would be to make recruitment calls to potential study participants to inform them about the study and assess their eligibility. Some data entry and scheduling in Redcap would also be required. Applicants must be available to make calls in the evenings and on weekends.
Interested applicants should be current Tulane students, be willing to work 10-20 hours per week, and be native English speakers.
If interested, please email a CV or resume to Obst, Katherine email@example.com.