The AgriSafe Network has an opening for a Marketing Intern. AgriSafe is a national 501©3 organization representing health and safety professionals who strive to reduce health disparities found among the agricultural community. The intern will be responsible for supporting staff in continuing education for employers and employees; education programs for high school and college Ag students and emerging issues for agricultural health & safety professionals.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the internship is an unpaid, 2-4 month opportunity with the possibility of extension. It is designed for students to obtain relevant work experience in order to be competitive for future positions in public health, marketing or other non-profit/for profit arenas, with an emphasis on health communications.
NATURE OF INTERNSHIP DUTIES
The intern will be responsible for supporting staff in continuing education for employers and employees; education programs for high school and college Ag students and emerging issues for agricultural health & safety professionals. Intern duties may include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for management and monitoring of social media profiles with guidance and support from experienced staff. Includes; scheduling social media content, monitoring profiles for engagement opportunities, contribution to monthly newsletter, and development of regular social media content for various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Utilizes design software to create marketing and educational materials
• Creates short videos utilizing adobe software and content from staff
• Responsible for managing small projects.
• Conducts research and writing support for interviews of subject matter experts and marketing initiatives and proposals.
• Monitors media outlets for breaking news related to AgriSafe’s priorities
• Current enrollment in an accredited college or university; majoring in marketing, public health, health education, communications, or related field.
WORK DURATION & CONDITIONS • Negotiable and flexible start date.
LOCATION AgriSafe is located in Covington, LA
ACADEMIC CREDIT AgriSafe will work with intern and student’s advisor to facilitate academic credit. Student may also use the marketing resources they develop to build their career portfolio or enhance their capstone experience.
SELECTION REQUIREMENTS • A copy of an unofficial college transcript must be submitted in order to be considered. A cover letter and contact information for (2) professional references should also be attached to the application. • All submissions should be sent to: Natalie Roy, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, Questions? Call 985-845-1116.