The Changemaker Institute accelerates social ventures in the Tulane community by fostering learning and growth, community partnerships, mentorship & the development of social entrepreneurial skills among upper-level students in the early idea phase.
CI provides a small cohort of Tulane students (in teams or individually) with funding, toolsets and networking opportunities to propel their social venture ideas to the next level, including applying for local and national accelerator programs. CI focuses not only on launching successful ventures, but also on equipping students with tools to more deeply understand the challenges they are addressing.
Throughout CI, students develop ideas and build long term plans for their ventures by interacting with local innovators, mentors, peers, alumni, and community leaders working at the nexus of social change and innovation in the wider community. We support sustainable ideas with strong social or environmental missions and offer students:
- Growth in social entrepreneurial skills
- Business model development
- Mentorship from the Tulane and New Orleans social entrepreneurial communities
- Support from an active international Changemaker Institute alumni network
- Preparation for applying to funding opportunities at Tulane and beyond
Participants in CI will meet on four different Saturdays in the spring from 10 AM-1 PM (1/19, 2/2, 2/9, 3/16).